21st April @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Local Church Leaders’ Day
Local Church Leaders’ Day, Sat 21 April, 10am-4pm, Exeter Organised by SWBA and led by the Association Team this day is for anyone who is in leadership in a local Baptist church (particularly Deacons and Elders) or for those who might be considering serving their church in this way in the future but want to know more about the role.
The day will include,
- What is a leader? Elder, deacon, trustee. Biblical basis.
- What are the roles & responsibilities of a leader?
- What are the roles & responsibilities of the leadership group?
- Relationship between leadership group and church meeting
- Caring for your minister
- Dealing with conflict
- Your constitution/governing document – it is your friend
- Introduction to charity trusteeship
- Important topics – liability, conflicts of interest, financial management
- Safeguarding basics
Cost – £5 per person, including lunch
To book, please complete this online booking form – click here.
Your place will be confirmed when we receive your completed booking form & payment.
Any queries, please contact Kathy – firstname.lastname@example.org